Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Flipped out...

I've been experimenting with the FLIP video cameras that we just acquired in the library. Here is a short sample video that I made with no instruction, and just a little experimentation... I am learning as I go along. Interestingly, I offered a group of students 2 different cameras - a traditional, more familiar digital camcorder (Sony) with mini-cassette tape, or the new FLIP HD MINO. Without hesitation the kids chose the FLIP. After they filmed, they just jumped right in to the editing, preferring the new program over the usual Movie Maker they had previously learned. I was encouraged that they were not intimidated by the camera, the software,or learning something new on the fly while they were in the middle of a big multimedia assignment (they were re-scripting and filming their own version of a scene from Macbeth.) As I pulled out a Flip to try out, I kept saying to myself "If they can do it, so can I!" They inspire me everyday to keep learning new things, and applying what I learn to new situations. We're all having a lot of fun that way! I shot more film over the weekend, and I'm going to work on editing that this week - we'll see how that turns out....
Ruth Shasteen

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Ruth! Love the display in your library & the video.

    ReplyDelete