Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rheingold and Levine Inspired WebQuest

I thoroughly enjoyed last week's readings, especially the selected articles found in the Civic Life Online book from Rheingold and Levine. I had decided to put together a WebQuest on blogging for our second assignment and was substantially lost on how I was going to organize and present it because I'm not an active blogger whatsoever and making myself blog for this class has been quite the challenge--I'm cut from the same cloth as Katie L--I like to keep a very low/non-existent profile online and admit that I don't participate in anything online ever including blogs, social media, commenting, etc.--so I didn't know how I was ever going to convince young adults why they should start blogging themselves. But after I read the readings for last week, I realized that I could essentially build a WebQuest around Rheingold and Levine's notion of civic engagement through exercising one's public voice via blogging. Hopefully this WebQuest will not only introduce teachers and students to their ideas but actually motivate students to blog by utilizing the suggested activities that Rheingold outlines in his article for blogging. It will probably just die undiscovered in the vast expanses of the internet, but I just thought I would share it with you guys and I welcome any feedback that you might have if you feel so moved to comment ha-ha! (You can link to it below or click on the title to this post).

http://questgarden.com/100/35/6/100409000556/

1 comment:

  1. Chanell,
    Nice job on this and thanks for sharing. I could see this being a great starting point for students & teachers, with specific outcomes that are meaningful and relevant. It would be fun to try this with a group of kids.

    ReplyDelete